Pages

Sunday, January 03, 2010

The last leg

I go back to work at my placement tomorrow.

Just 22 hours remaining, and I can hand in my log book and really, truly, finally be eligible for graduation.

Twenty-two hours.

Compared with the 178 I have already completed, it seems 22 should be a snap. But that isn't how I feel at all. I don't seem very enthusiastic about going back tomorrow. I don't feel wise, or compassionate, or empathic, or any of the other things appropriate to a counsellor.

To be honest, I'm having a bit of a Ferdinand moment. I'd rather be sniffing flowers alone in a meadow than appear where I'm "meant" to be, in the arena fighting. I think I have battle fatigue from my rather heavy client and content load.

But I know I'm going to get through this rocky, uphill last leg, because I know that whatever it is I'm meant to be doing in 2010, resitting my Supervision module isn't part of it. Just as long as I continue to see each of these hours as valuable and purposeful, rather than a tiresome chore, I'll make it.

See you on the other side.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails