Pages

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Like cold water to a weary soul...

I woke up feeling dreary this past Monday.

The distance between here and home seemed even more obvious than usual, and I felt like hiding under the covers and muttering, "There's no place like home. There's no place like home." until I woke up in my four-poster back home with the cow prints on the sheets. Or at least, until a butler appeared at the foot of my bed bearing chocolate, tissues and a roti pisang hot off the pan.

Didn't happen.


But what did happen is that I received more SMS and e-mails from friends and family at home (and beyond) than I have in a single day since getting here.

"As cold water to a weary soul, so is good news from a far country," goes the book of Proverbs.

And for this weary soul, knowing that I have people on every continent who love me is very good news.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails