Pages

Monday, September 27, 2010

Mangrove Mountain weekend

For months, I've needed to get away from the perpetual loud and busy of normal life. For months, it's seemed impossible.


Last week was different. Circumstances converged, producing a situation where my car could once again travel to faraway places



and I was put in touch with kind people who offered me a fully domesticated train carriage in which to spend the weekend


on the 10 hectares they call home.


I found there were horses big and small to befriend,


songs to be sung outdoors,


and jewels to admire

and exult in

while exploring private bushland.


I came away hoping


that the peace


would ride along with me back to the city


where loud and busy resume.

It did.

1 comment:

Merle M. Mills said...

I am sure this was good for your soul. I would have been totally refreshed. You have inspired me. Thanks!

Related Posts with Thumbnails