Pages

Friday, September 12, 2008

One more thing to be thankful for...

One of my close friends remarked a few months back that I have a thankful attitude... I take that as a compliment! I can't seem to run out of things to be thankful for, and today's random thanks would be for my extremely good eyesight. Being able to see in great detail up close has helped with my sewing skills and my various jobs in publishing/PR that needed "sharp eyes" for proofreading. And thanks to the long-range vision I have, I don't often have to keep doing the "Stand up, walk two paces forward, squint at approaching bus, walk two paces back, sit because it turns out not to be the bus you're waiting for" dance. I can just lean forward and peek, without squinting, while the bus is still more than 1km away. It comes in especially handy when there are old people nearby who ache from having to stand and sit so many times, since I can tell them to just stay seated until I see their bus coming. So, yup, thank you, God, for my eyes, optic nerve and brain!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails