- Popsie's lasagne when the cheese on top isn't burnt and leathery, and I get to eat it fresh from the oven
- Mama's sayur paku masak lemak, jiu hoo char, pai tee, asam fish, asam prawn, pineapple cheesecake, 'apong bokuah'... mmm. Practically any Grandma Saw food will do.
- Yellow chang with good, thick gula Melaka syrup
- Warm garlic focaccia
- Lemon chicken which is still crispy from the deep-frying, with real lemon sauce, not some starchy, glue-like substance, poured on it
- POTATOES (I think they deserve to be in block capitals because they're my favourite meat. What, does something have to come from an animal in order to be meat?)
- French balls (they're not from France and they're not... look, they're good, clean food. I would serve them at a children's party. What's with that look?)
- Cendol (the mellow, pandan juice-dyed type, not the radioactive green stuff from the frozen food section in supermarkets) with fresh santan and gula melaka
- Warm carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.
OK, I feel happy enough now that I'm done with that. I'll save the "happy books" and "happy music" lists for later.